watch Apple Hand Pies Recipe, this awesome recipe Apple Hand Pies Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Apple Hand Pies Recipe
recipe information Apple Hand Pies Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesThese apple hand pies are so delicious! They are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and smell amazing! If you like classic apple pie, you must try these homemade apple hand pies. They are perfect for parties, holiday, birthdays and weekends.
Full printable recipe + tips how to make the best apple hand pies: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Apple-Hand-Pies-Recipe
More recipes you may like:
Classic Apple Pie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SxZ2H0ttZE
Apple Oatmeal Cake Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXgbz7i8N8
Zebra Cake Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hXFq1yKLE
Lemon Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ozmynvMMLc
The Cooking Foodie Shop: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/
Makes 9-10 hand pies
For the crust:
2 cups (250g) All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Sugar
2/3 cup (155g) Butter, chilled and cubed
1/3 cup (80ml) Ice cold water *if needed add more
For the filling:
2 tablespoons (30g) Butter
1/4 cup (50g) Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg (optional)
2 tablespoons (16g) Cornstarch
Egg wash for brushing
1. Make the dough: in a large bowl whisk flour, salt and sugar. Add cubed butter and using a dough blender, blend the dough with the butter until crumbs are formed. You also can do this process using a food processor.
2. Add the water and stir until incorporated.
3. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile make the filling: peel and chop the apples.
5. In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter. Then add chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until apples are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, add cornstarch, stir and set aside to cool.
6. Assembly: preheat oven to 375F (190C).
7. On a floured surface roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch (3mm) thick. Using a round cutter, cut out 4-inch (10 cm) circles.
8. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the apple mixture in the center of the circles. Brush the edges of the circle with beaten egg and fold the dough over the filling and seal the edges with a fork. Refrigerate the dough for 20-30 minutes.
9. Brush the pies with egg wash, then, using a paring knife, cut a few small slits on the top of each hand pie, then sprinkle with sugar (optional).
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Equipment I used in this video:
Measuring Cups an Spoons in Rose Gold: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/collections/all-products/products/copper-measuring-cups-set-of-8
Dough Blender: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/collections/all-products/products/dough-cutter
Pro Silicone Pastry Mat: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/collections/all-products/products/pro-silicone-pastry-mat
- Worldwide Recipes