watch Date Oatmeal Squares Recipe How to Make Date Squares, this awesome recipe Date Oatmeal Squares Recipe How to Make Date Squares in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Date Oatmeal Squares Recipe How to Make Date Squares
recipe information Date Oatmeal Squares Recipe How to Make Date Squares, in section Worldwide RecipesThese date squares are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside; Two layers of oat crumble and one delicious-sweet date filling in the middle, this recipe is very easy to make with only few basic ingredients needed.
Printable version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Date-Oatmeal-Squares-Recipe
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars: http://bit.ly/ChocolateOatBars
Tahini Fudge: http://bit.ly/TahiniFudge
Almond Cake Recipe: http://bit.ly/AlmondCakeYT
Apple Oatmeal Cake: http://bit.ly/AppleOatmealCake
Apple Oatmeal Muffins: http://bit.ly/AppleOatsMuffinTCF
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the oat crust:
2 cups (180g) Rolled oats
1 cup (125g) All-purpose flour
3/4 cup (150g) Light brown sugar
3/4 cup (170g) Softened Butter, cubed
1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
For the date filling:
400g (14.1oz) Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup (240ml) Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1. Place dates, water and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the dates are soft. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) square baking pan with a strip of parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Make the crust: In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, brown sugar and baking soda. Add the butter and mix until crumbly.
4. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the baking pan. Spread the filling over the base, Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely, then refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.