watch Strawberry Mousse Mirror Glaze Cake Recipe, this awesome recipe Strawberry Mousse Mirror Glaze Cake Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Strawberry Mousse Mirror Glaze Cake Recipe
recipe information Strawberry Mousse Mirror Glaze Cake Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesStrawberry mousse mirror glaze cake - beautiful and elegant and delicious cake. This recipe may look difficult, but if you follow the steps you'll get the most impressive cake you have ever made with beautiful mirror glaze.
Full Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Strawberry-Mousse-Mirror-Glaze-Cake-Recipe
More Cake Recipes:
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/StrawberryCheesecakeTCF
Tiramisu Mousse Cake: http://bit.ly/AmazingTiramisu
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/PeanutCheesecake
Giant Oreo Cake: http://bit.ly/GiantOreoCookie
For the strawberry confiture (18cm):
250g (8.81oz) strawberry puree
1/3 cup (63g) sugar
12g (1½ tbsp) cornstarch (corn flour)
12g gelatin powder
70ml cold water
Basil/mint leaves – optional
Cake layer (18cm):
80g (2/3 cup) flour
60g (1/3 cup – 1 tsp) sugar
60g butter (4 tablespoons), softened
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
60g (2.11oz) strawberry puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lemon vanilla mousse (20cm):
18g gelatin powder
480ml (2 cups) milk
360ml (1½ cups) heavy cream
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
90g (6 tablespoons) butter
6 medium eggs yolks
27g (3 1/3 tbsp) cornstarch
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla paste
Zest of one lemon
1½ cups (300g) sugar
200g (2/3 cup) sweetened condensed milk – 7oz
120ml (1/2 cup) cold water
350g (12.34oz) white chocolate
Gel food coloring
1. strawberry confiture layer: in a small bowl mix gelatin and cold water. Let bloom for 15 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan mix sugar and cornstarch, add strawberry puree and chopped basil or mint. Bring to a simmer stirring constantly, until thickens. Remove from heat. add the bloomed gelatin and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Prepare 18cm cake ring with plastic wrap stretched on the bottom. Pour the mixture into the ring. Place in the freezer.
4. Strawberry cake layer: preheat oven to 160C (320F). in a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl beat soft butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat until incorporated and smooth. And strawberry puree and beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
6. Pour into 18cm (7-inch) cake ring and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely, release from the ring, gently cut the top to make even layer and place in the freezer while making the next stage.
7. lemon vanilla mousse: in a small bowl mix gelatin and cold water. Let bloom for 15 minutes.
8. In a small saucepan heat milk with lemon zest and vanilla extract, do not boil. Set aside. To a larger saucepan add sugar, cornstarch and mix. Add egg yolks and mix well. Gradually add the warm milk through a sieve and whisk constantly. Heat the mixture over low-medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickens. Remove from heat, add butter, stir until incorporated. Add the bloomed gelatin and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool to room temperature. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks, add the milk mixture unto the whipped cream and gently stir until combined.
9. Assemble the cake: prepare 20cm (8-inch) cake ring with plastic wrap stretched on the bottom. Pour half of the mousse, shake and spread evenly, freeze for 5 minutes, gently place strawberry confiture in the center. Pour the remaining mousse, leaving 1 cm space on top and spread evenly. Make sure you cover all the space around the confiture layer. Place the cake layer on top, gently press and spread the mousse. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours.
10. Before you start making the mirror glaze: Release the cake from the ring using a hair dryer to defrost the edges. Remove the cake collar and put back to the freezer.
11. Mirror glaze: in a small bowl mix gelatin and cold water. Let bloom for 15 minutes
12. Into medium sized saucepan and water, sugar and sweetened condensed milk. heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to simmer. Remove from heat, add the bloomed gelatin. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
13. Pour the hot mixture over the white chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Blend until completely smooth, add food coloring and blend again. Sieve and let cool to 32-35C (90-95F) before pouring over the frozen cake.
14. Pour the glaze on top of the cake. After 10-15 minutes remove the drips with a spatula. Refrigerate until the cake reaches to edible temperature.
Cake Collar: https://amzn.to/2N3X3wa
cake ring: https://amzn.to/2txbj8w
Hand mixer: https://amzn.to/2Ks2mUy
Digital Kitchen Scale: https://amzn.to/2Kpx6oZ
Cake Stand: https://amzn.to/2N30bID