watch Coconut Shrimp Recipe, this awesome recipe Coconut Shrimp Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Coconut Shrimp Recipe
recipe information Coconut Shrimp Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesThese crispy coconut shrimp are unbelievably delicious and easy to make. This is one of my favorite shrimp recipes. Serve them with chilli sauce and you have the perfect appetizer.
Full printable version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Coconut-Shrimp-Recipe
More Shrimp Recipes:
Shrimp Cakes: http://bit.ly/ShrimpCakesTCF
Shrimp Scampi with Pasta: http://bit.ly/ShrimpScampiPasta
Shrimp Cauliflower Rice: http://bit.ly/ShrimpCauliflowerRice
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo: http://bit.ly/ShrimpFettuccine
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1 pound (450g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
1 cup (75g) Shredded coconut/coconut flakes
100 ml Sparkling water or beer
1 cup (125g) All-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 cup (90g) Panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli flakes
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
Chilli sauce for dipping
1. Butterfly the shrimp: insert a knife about three-quarters of the way into the shrimp at the top. Cut a slit down the center of the shrimp's back to the tail. Open the flesh of the shrimp slightly. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl place egg, sparkling water, 1/2 of the flour (65g), salt, garlic powder, chilli flakes and paprika. Whisk until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix shredded coconut and breadcrumbs.
4. In a third bowl place 1/2 cup (65g) all-purpose flour.
5. Coat the shrimp with flour and shake off excess, then dip in the batter and coat with coconut mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
6. Place coated shrimp on a baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
7. In a pan heat oil to 350F (175C). Fry shrimp in batches, about 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.