watch How to Make Stuffed Onions, this awesome recipe How to Make Stuffed Onions in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is How to Make Stuffed Onions
recipe information How to Make Stuffed Onions, in section Worldwide RecipesStuffed onions with meat and rice. Impressive dish that anyone can make.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Stuffed-Onions-Recipe
MORE MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPES:
Stuffed Grape Leaves: http://bit.ly/DolmaRecipe
Arayes - Pita Stuffed With Meat: http://bit.ly/Arayes
My favorite kitchen equipment:
4 large onions
500g (17.6 oz) ground beef/lamb
1/2 cup (95g) rice
1/4 bunch parsley
1/4 bunch mint leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Baharat
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil (use if the meat is lean)
For the sauce:
1.5-2 cups beef/ chicken broth
1.5-2 cups water
1-2 tablespoons date syrup
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Peel onions and trim the ends.. Make a cut down on one side of each of the onions, cutting into the center from top to bottom. Cook 15 minutes in boiling water. Remove from boiling water and allow to cool. separate out the layers of the onions
2. Finely chop parsley, mint and onion hearts (the inner part that you can't fill).
3. In a large bowl mix ground beef, rice, chopped herbs and onions hearts, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, Baharat, paprika and olive oil (optional).
4. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture in each layer of the onions and wrap.
5. Into a large pan pour broth, water and date syrup. Add cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Arrange stuffed onions in the pan with the cut side down. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for about 1 hour.