watch Apple Pie Recipe How to Make Apple Pie, this awesome recipe Apple Pie Recipe How to Make Apple Pie in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Apple Pie Recipe How to Make Apple Pie
recipe information Apple Pie Recipe How to Make Apple Pie, in section Worldwide RecipesLearn how to make homemade apple pie from scratch. American classic apple pie recipe. Pretty easy to make, delicious and beautiful pie!
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Homemade-Apple-Pie-Recipe
More Dessert Recipes:
Cinnamon Rolls: http://bit.ly/CinnamonRollsTCF
Lemon Meringue Pie: http://bit.ly/LemonPieTCF
Cherry Pie: http://bit.ly/CherryPieTCF
Chocolate Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/ChocolateCheesecakeTCF
Peanut Butter Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/PeanutCheesecake
For the crust:
2½ cups (315g) flour
1 cup (230g) cold butter, cubed
1/3 cup (67g) sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/3 cup (60-80 ml) ice water
For the filing:
1½ pounds (675g) apples, pilled and sliced
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup (32g) cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Zest from 1 lemon
1 egg + 1 teaspoon water foe brushing
1. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Process few seconds until combined. Add cold, cubed butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Gradually add ice water and pulse until dough is formed.
2. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, flatten into disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile make the filling: in a large bowl place sliced apples, add sugar, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and lemon juice, stir well.
4. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
5. On a floured work surface roll out one piece of dough into a circle 11-12-inches (28-30cm) in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch (22-23cm) pie dish, press the edges and trim the excess dough. Add the apple mixture and refrigerate while you working with the second dough.
6. Roll out the second dough into a circle 10 inches (25cm) in diameter. Using a pastry wheel or knife cut 10 strips. Arrange lattice pattern: Lay out 5 strips on top of the filling, with. Fold back every other strip. Add a strip perpendicular to the parallel strips. Unfold and repeat with the other parallel strips until the lattice pattern is ready. Press the edges and trim the excess dough.
7.From the leftover dough cut leaves (optional).
8. Beat egg and 1 teaspoon of water. Brush the crust.
9. Bake for 20 minutes, then add a pie crust shield or aluminum foil on top of the pie and bake 30-40 minutes more.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 3 hours before serving.
Chef Knife: https://amzn.to/2taoKv4
Cutting Board: https://amzn.to/2NNme6i
Digital Kitchen Scale: https://amzn.to/2Kpx6oZ
Nonstick 9-Inch Tart Pan with Removable Loose Bottom: http://amzn.to/2yAq8Ks
Cake stand: http://amzn.to/2yA1Wrz
Food Processor: https://amzn.to/2rCA4PO
*some links provided above are affiliate links