watch Turkish Delight Recipe Lokum Recipe, this awesome recipe Turkish Delight Recipe Lokum Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Turkish Delight Recipe Lokum Recipe
recipe information Turkish Delight Recipe Lokum Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesTurkish delight (lokum) is a traditional Turkish candy. This recipe is very poplar and you can find this candy in different colors, flavors and with different filling (such as pistachios and almonds). This recipe is based on starch and sugar, and it’s pretty easy to prepare.
You also might recognize Turkish Delight as the candy from The Chronicles of Narnia- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
So if you like to make candies at home, you should try this delicious and sweet candy.
Printable Recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Turkish-Delight-Recipe-Lokum-Recipe
More Dessert Recipes:
Fudgy Brownie: http://bit.ly/BrownieCookiesYT
White Chocolate Truffles: http://bit.ly/WhiteTrufflesTCF
Date Oatmeal Squares: http://bit.ly/DateSquaresYT
Basbousa (Semolina Cake): http://bit.ly/BasbousaYT
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the candies:
3 cups (600g) Sugar
~3 1/3 cups (810ml) Water, divided
2 teaspoons Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Rose water
3/4 cup (100g) cornstarch
Red food coloring (optional)
1/2 cup (62g) Powdered sugar
1/4 cup (32g) Cornstarch
1. Grease the sides and bottom of an 8-inch (20cm) square pan with vegetable oil. Line a parchment paper, grease the parchment as well. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan combine sugar, 270ml of water and lemon juice. Set over medium heat. Allow to boil and let the sugar dissolves. Then reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the mixture reaches 235-240F (112-115C) (soft ball stage). Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a separate saucepan combine cornstarch and 2¼ cups (540ml) water, stir until no lumps remains. Place over medium heat, stir constantly until mixture begins to boil and mixture has glue-like consistency.
4. Gradually stir in the syrup to the cornstarch mixture and stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 45-60 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly golden.
5. Stir in the rose water, food coloring and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Spared evenly and allow to cool for at least 4 hours.
6. In a big dish mix powdered sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle some of the mixture over a clean surface. Turn the dough over and cut into little squares.
7. Coat each square with the cornstarch mixture.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos:
- Worldwide Recipes