watch Cherry Pie Recipe How to Make Cherry Pie, this awesome recipe Cherry Pie Recipe How to Make Cherry Pie in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Cherry Pie Recipe How to Make Cherry Pie
recipe information Cherry Pie Recipe How to Make Cherry Pie, in section Worldwide RecipesHomemade cherry pie recipe - delicious summer pie that you must try. Follow this recipe to learn how to make cherry pie from scratch with lattice pattern.
Full Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Cherry-Pie-Recipe
More Dessert recipe:
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
Tiramisu Mousse Cake: http://bit.ly/AmazingTiramisu
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/StrawberryCheesecakeTCF
Fig Tart: http://bit.ly/FigTartRecipe
Tiramisu Truffles: http://bit.ly/TiramisuTruffles
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the crust:
2½ cups (310g) flour
1 cup (230g) cold butter, cubed
1/3 cup (67g) sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1/4-1/3 cup (60-80 ml) ice water
For the filling:
28 oz (800g) fresh cherries
1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch (corn flour)
3/4 cup (150g) sugar, more if the cherries are not sweet
Zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon (15g) butter
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Process few seconds until combined. Add cold, cubed butter and pulse until crumbs are formed. Gradually add ice water and pulse until a dough forms.
2. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, flatten into disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile pit the cherries, and place in a large bowl. Add sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well and set aside for 20 minutes. Drain excess liquids.
4. On a floured work surface roll out one piece of dough into a circle 12 (30cm) inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch (22-23cm) pie dish and press the edges. Pour the pitted cherries into the dish. Dot with butter. Place in the fridge while you working with the second dough.
5. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
6. Roll out the second dough into a circle 10 inches’ (25cm) in diameter. Using a pastry wheel or knife cut 10 strips. Arrange lattice pattern: Lay out 5 strips on top of the filling, with. Fold back every other strip. Add a strip perpendicular to the parallel strips. Unfold and repeat with the other parallel strips until the lattice pattern is ready.
7. Fold the strips under the bottom pie crust and press to seal.
8. Beat egg and cream. Brush the crust and sprinkle with sugar.
9. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce to 350F(176C) and bake 40-50 minutes more. After 20-25 minutes add a pie crust shield or aluminum foil on top of the pie.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 4 hours.
Food Processor: https://amzn.to/2rCA4PO
Pie Dish: https://amzn.to/2tlMMCz
Chef Knife: https://amzn.to/2taoKv4
Cherry Pitter: https://amzn.to/2tolXh0
*some links provided above are affiliate links