watch German Poppy Seed Cake Recipe - Mohnkuchen, this awesome recipe German Poppy Seed Cake Recipe - Mohnkuchen in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is German Poppy Seed Cake Recipe - Mohnkuchen
recipe information German Poppy Seed Cake Recipe - Mohnkuchen, in section Worldwide RecipesThis German poppy seeds cake (Mohnkuchen) is a very delicate cake with crisp bottom, rich and gentle filling and golden, crisp crumble on top. Special cake for any occasion. There are many different variations for this poppy seed cake with different kind of fillings, streusel and additions. This version is easy to make, with basic ingredients and very delicious.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/German-Poppy-Seed-Cake-Recipe--Mohnkuchen
More Cake Recipes:
Almond Cake Recipe: http://bit.ly/AlmondCakeYT
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake: http://bit.ly/LemonPoppySeedYT
Carrot Cake: http://bit.ly/CarrotCakeRecipe1
Apple Oatmeal Cake: http://bit.ly/AppleOatmealCake
Red Velvet Cake: http://bit.ly/RedVelvetCakeTCF
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the dough:
2 cups (250g) Flour
1/2 cup (115g) Butter
1/2 cup (100g) Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
For the filling:
1 cup (250g) Ricotta cheese
7 tablespoons (100g) Butter
3/4 cup (150g) Sugar
1 cup + 1 Tbsp (150g) Poppy seeds
1 cup (140g) Semolina
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2. Make the dough: in a food processor place flour, sugar and salt. Pulse until combined. add butter and process until crumbs are formed. Press 2/3 of the mixture into bottom of 9-inch (23cm) springform pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
3. Make the filling: place milk, butter and sugar to a saucepan. Heat until butter is melted and sugar dissolves, bring to a boil.
4. When the mixture begins to boil, gradually add semolina, stirring constantly. Add poppy seeds. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens. set aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl beat ricotta cheese, vanilla extract and egg until creamy and smooth. Add chilled poppy seed mixture to the cheese mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
6. Pour the filling over the chilled crust, then spread the remaining dough on top.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, let cool completely in the pan, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
• Instead of ricotta cheese you can use cottage cheese/cream cheese or any other soft cheese.
• To the filling you can add raisins and walnuts.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: