watch Oreo Cream Puffs Recipe Choux au Craquelin Recipe, this awesome recipe Oreo Cream Puffs Recipe Choux au Craquelin Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Oreo Cream Puffs Recipe Choux au Craquelin Recipe
recipe information Oreo Cream Puffs Recipe Choux au Craquelin Recipe, in section Worldwide Recipescream puffs with Oreo cream. So if you are looking for a new version for your cream puffs, these “cookies and cream” Choux au Craquelin are a refreshing change for your dessert table. Great for parties and birthdays, the kids would love them.
Printable version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Oreo-Cream-Puffs-Recipe--Choux-au-Craquelin-Recipe
More Oreo Dessert Recipes:
Oreo Cake: http://bit.ly/OreoCakeYT
Oreo Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/OreoIceCreamTCF
Oreo Truffles: http://bit.ly/OreoTrufflesTCF
Oreo Cheesecake Bars: http://bit.ly/OreoCheesecakeBar
Makes 25-26 cream puffs
For the choux pastry:
1/2 cup (120ml) Milk
1/2 cup (120ml) Water
7 tablespoons (100g) Butter
1 cup + 1 tbsp (140g) Flour
1 tablespoons (12g) Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
For the Craquelin:
6 tablespoons (90g) butter, softened
1/3 cup (67g) light brown sugar
1/2 cup (65g) flour
3 tablespoons (20g) cocoa powder
For the filling:
1½ cups (340g) Cream cheese
1 cup (240ml) Heavy cream, cold
10 Oreo cookies, crushed
3/4 cup (95g) Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Make the Craquelin: in a bowl, cream butter with brown sugar. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix until no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
2. Roll out dough to 2-3mm thickness between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Freeze while making the choux pastry.
3. Make the choux pastry: preheat oven to 400F (200C).
4. place water, milk, butter, sugar and salt to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour, stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Once flour is incorporated, place back over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until dough comes together into a smooth ball.
5. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to fully incorporate after each addition. Beat until dough is smooth.
6. Transfer the dough to a large piping bag with a ½-inch round tip. Pipe the dough into 1-inch circles, keeping them 1½-inch (3-4cm) apart.
7. Remove the craquelin dough from the freezer, and cut out into 1-inch circles using a cookie cutter. Place on top of piped dough.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Turn the heat off, slightly open the oven door and leave the puffs there for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
9. Make the filling: in a large bowl place cream cheese and powdered sugar, beat until incorporated and smooth. Add cold heavy cream, vanilla extract and beat to stiff peaks. Fold in crushed Oreos. Transfer to a piping bag.
10. Two ways of filling: 1. Cut the puffs in half and fill. 2. Make a hole in bottom and fill the puffs.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos:
- Worldwide Recipes