watch Cured Salmon Recipe How to Make Gravlax, this awesome recipe Cured Salmon Recipe How to Make Gravlax in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Cured Salmon Recipe How to Make Gravlax
recipe information Cured Salmon Recipe How to Make Gravlax, in section Worldwide RecipesCured Salmon also known as gravlax or Gravad lax is a Nordic dish consisting of raw salmon, cured in salt, sugar. In the past this was a way to preserve food, but nowadays in considered high quality food that usually served in parties and Holiday as an appetizer. This recipe shows you how to make easy and delicious cured salmon, in addition I'll show you how to make one of favorite sandwiches - salmon lax bagel. Great salmon bagel recipe that you will want to share with your friends and family.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Homemade-Gravlax-Recipe-Cured-Salmon
More Appetizer Recipes:
Cheese Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls: http://bit.ly/MashedPotatoBalls
Baked Zucchini Fries: http://bit.ly/BakedZucchiniFries
Sweet Potato Stack: http://bit.ly/SweetPotatoStack
Baked Broccoli Cheese Balls: http://bit.ly/BroccoliCheeseBalls
Zucchini Fritters: http://bit.ly/ZucchiniFrittersRec
2kg (4.4lbs) fresh Salmon, boneless and skin on (one big fillet)
250g coarse salt
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1/4 bunch dill, roughly chopped
1. Roughly crush peppercorns and coriander. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix salt, sugar, crushed peppercorns and coriander, chopped dill.
3. Place the salmon in a big shallow dish/tray, skin side down. Spread salt-sugar mixture over the salmon.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 12-24 hours (read notes).
5. Unwrap salmon (some liquid will have collected on the bottom; this is normal) scrape off salt then rinse. Pat dry.
6. Using a very sharp slicing knife, Slice thinly on an angle.
• I don’t recommend using table salt, use only coarse or rock salt.
• Curing time depends on curing level you want to achieve, after 12 hours the fish will be firm but still slightly “raw” in the center. After 24 hours the fish will be firmer. I recommend to taste the fish after 12 hours and decide if you want keep curing or you prefer this curing strength.
• For more flavor you can add to the salt-sugar mixture some lemon/orange peel.
• You can use smaller portion of fish.
Check out Kamikoto Knife Collections:
Use this code: "thecookingfoodie" to get 50$ discount for any knife collection and FREE SHIPPING!
If you like me recipes, please join to "The Cooking Foodie" YouTube membership: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZ8IpRdoyQ3Qj0ogpUniAA/
you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!