watch Tahini and Date Cake Recipe, this awesome recipe Tahini and Date Cake Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Tahini and Date Cake Recipe
recipe information Tahini and Date Cake Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesTahini and date cake – if you like tahini (sesame seed paste) flavored desserts, this cake is for you! Moist, rich and sweet tahini-date cake with touch of walnuts. If you tired of regular cakes and dessert you should try this unique cake recipe.
Printable version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Tahini-and-Date-Cake-Recipe
More Cake Recipes:
Basbousa Cake: http://bit.ly/BasbousaYT
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake: http://bit.ly/LemonPoppySeedYT
Carrot Cake: http://bit.ly/CarrotCakeRecipe1
Apple Oatmeal Cake: http://bit.ly/AppleOatmealCake
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake: http://bit.ly/LemonBlueberryRicotta
My favorite kitchen equipment:
300g (10.5oz) Medjool dates, pitted
3/4 cup (180ml) water
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1/4 cup (60 grams) Butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (50g) Brown sugar
1/2 Cup (110g) Tahini paste
1¼ cups (155g) All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 cup (30g) Walnuts, chopped
1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). line a bottom of 8-inch (20cm) round pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom and sides.
2. Prepare date paste: Place dates, water and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the dates are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. To a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a separate large bowl cream sugar with butter. Add eggs, one at the time, until incorporated. Add tahini paste, date paste, vanilla extract and beat on low speed until fully incorporated. Fold in the flour mixture, 1/2 at the time.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, top with sesame seeds.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. after 30 minutes cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning. Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, release from the pan and let cool completely.