watch French Onion Soup Recipe, this awesome recipe French Onion Soup Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is French Onion Soup Recipe
recipe information French Onion Soup Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesThis authentic French onion soup will keep you warm in cold winter days. This recipe is rich, flavorful and comforting. Rich-sweet caramelized onions, beef stock, toasted baguette and melted cheese! What can be better than that?
Full printable recipe + tips: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/French-Onion-Soup-Recipe
More recipes you may like:
Cream of Mushroom Soup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezFwF-bpVxM
Chicken Pot Pie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFDXkUAiV4
Chicken Pasta Bake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkYz9L3LVfc
Shepherd's Pie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3EYQARJkLk
5-6 Onions (1.5kg), sliced
3 tablespoons (45g) Butter
3 tablespoons Olive oil
8 cups (2L) Beef stock or chicken stock
2 tablespoons Flour
1/2 cup (120ml) White wine
1 tablespoon Thyme
2 Bay leaves
Black pepper to taste
Gruyere cheese, grated, to your taste
Baguette bread, sliced
1. Caramelize the onions: in a large heavy bottom pot, heat olive oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
2. Add sliced onions, sprinkle with salt and sauté, for about 30 minutes, stirring often, until caramelized and dark golden. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add flout, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Pour in in the wine to deglaze the pot, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Make the soup: add the stock, thyme, bay leaves and seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaves, check to seasoning and fix as needed. Turn the heat off.
5. Toast the bread: preheat the oven to 450F (230C). Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Brush both sides of the French baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Arrange them in a single layer. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the bread is toasted and golden around the edges. Brush each toast with garlic clove.
6. Reduce oven heat to 400F (200C).
7. Broil: Switch the oven to the broiler. Pour the soup into oven-safe bowls. Then top with a baguette slice and sprinkle some cheese. Broil for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1
- Worldwide Recipes