watch How to Make Homemade Pita Bread Pita Recipe, this awesome recipe How to Make Homemade Pita Bread Pita Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is How to Make Homemade Pita Bread Pita Recipe
recipe information How to Make Homemade Pita Bread Pita Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesLearn how to make homemade Pita bread. This pocket bread recipe is so easy to make.
Printable version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/How-to-Make-Homemade-Pita-Bread
My favorite kitchen equipment and camera gear:
makes 10 pitas
3½ cups (490g) all-purpose flour
1½ tbsp active-dry yeast
1+1/3 cups (320ml) warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. In a small bowl mix yeast, sugar and 1/3 cup of warm water. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix flour with salt. Add olive oil, yeast mixture and water. Mix until a dough is formed. Knead the dough about 6-7 minutes. until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the dough to sticky add more flour, if the dough to dry add a little bit of water.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with towel or plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size. About 1 hour.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, gently push the air out and divide into 10 equal pieces about 3oz (85g) each piece. Roll each piece into a smooth ball, cover and let rest 30 minutes.
5. preheat oven to 450F (230C) with the baking tray inside.
6. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into about 6-inch (15cm) circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel and let pitas rest about 10-15 minutes.
7. Bake the pitas for 4-5 minutes. remove from the oven and cover immediately with towel. Keep in closed bag.
*some links provided above are affiliate links.