watch Snowflake Cookies Recipe How to Decorate Sugar Cookies, this awesome recipe Snowflake Cookies Recipe How to Decorate Sugar Cookies in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Snowflake Cookies Recipe How to Decorate Sugar Cookies
recipe information Snowflake Cookies Recipe How to Decorate Sugar Cookies, in section Worldwide RecipesLearn how to make the best sugar cookies! These decorated snowflake cookies are the best holiday cookies you can make. They are beautiful, magical, fun to make and much easier to make than you think. This recipe includes a full guide on how to make homemade snowflake cookies (sugar cookies), how to make icing for sugar cookies and easy tutorial on how to decorate sugar cookies. These cookies can be decorated in so many shapes and colors, you just need to choose your favorite decoration and enjoy them with your family and friend.
Full written recipe + tips and tricks: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Snowflake-Cookies-Recipe--How-to-Decorate-Sugar-Cookies
Equipment I used in this recipe:
SNOWFLAKE COOKIE CUTTERS: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/products/snowflake-cookie-cutters-set-of-5
SILICONE PASTRY MAT: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/products/pro-silicone-pastry-mat
FLOUR SIFTER: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/products/stainless-steel-flour-sifter
MEASURING CUPS: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/products/copper-measuring-cups-set-of-8
More Cookie Recipes:
Coffee Bean Cookies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5pzxRXOhn8
Butter Cookies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzm_QDCqm2U
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Se55H71nHo
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJAuAWxuvI
24-30 cookies (depending on the size)
For the sugar cookies:
1 cup (230g) Butter, softened
1 cup (200g) Sugar
1-2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
3 cups (375g) Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the icing:
2 1/3 cups (290) Icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
4 tablespoons Milk/water
Gel food coloring, optional
1. Make the cookies: In a large or in a bowl of a stand mixer, beat softened butter and sugar. Beat until combined and creamy.
2. Add egg, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until incorporated.
4. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
6. On a silicone pastry mat or on a parchment paper, roll the chilled dough out to 1/4-inch (1/2cm) thick, using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes.
7. Place on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper (at this stage, if the dough is too soft, transfer to the freezer for about 10 minutes). Combine leftover dough and roll out again, if too soft, let chill in the fridge.
8. Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, depending on the shape/size of the cookie. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
9. Make the icing: in a bowl, mix icing sugar, vanilla extract, water/milk and gel food coloring if desired. Mix until combined and smooth.
10. Transfer the icing into a pastry bag fitted with a very small round tip. You also can use a squeeze bottle. If desired divide the icing in two, and add food coloring to one part.
11. Pipe and decorate as desired. Watch the video to see few techniques.
12. Allow to dry completely before storing in air tight container.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1
- Worldwide Recipes