watch Onion Samosa Recipe, this awesome recipe Onion Samosa Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Onion Samosa Recipe
recipe information Onion Samosa Recipe, in section Worldwide Recipes
Learn how to make the best onion samosa. These samosas are crispy on the outside and filled with delicious-spiced onion filling. Follow this recipe to learn how to make homemade samosa from scratch, including techniques to fold the perfect samosa. This south Indian samosa is perfect as a snack, appetizer, side dish or even as main dish. If you are vegan, you are going to love this recipe, as this recipe is completely vegan!
Printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/
(use the search bar at the top-right of the page to find the recipe you are looking for)
Other recipes you may like:
Aloo Samosa (potato samosa): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZn-iCGf5s
Garlic Naan Bread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAwAYJVA5w
Quick and Easy Chicken Curry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYOVVexMhU
Chickpea Curry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAIWTuf0pbU
Makes about 18-20 samosas
For the dough:
3 cups (375g) Flour
3 tablespoons (ml) Oil or melted ghee
3/4 cup (180ml) Water – approximately
1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the filling:
3 onions, chopped
1/2 Green chili, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Garam masala
1/4 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Paprika
3 tablespoons Coriander, chopped
2-3 tablespoons Semolina or poha
Oil for frying
For the paste:
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons water
1. Make the dough: in a large mixing bowl, mix flour and salt. Add the oil and then start mixing with your fingers, rub the flour with the oil until the oil is well incorporated. Once incorporated, the mixture resembles crumbs.
2. Start adding water, little by little and mix until dough is formed. Cover the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
3. Make the filling: in a bowl, mix all the filling ingredients. Set aside.
4. Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll out each piece very thinly.
5. Heat a skillet or tawa over medium heat. Cook each circle of dough for about 10 seconds on each side.
6. Cut each circle into rectangle, then cut into 6X18cm wide strips.
7. Fold each strip into a cone as described in the video, fill with onion filling. Brush the edges with water-flour mixture and seal the samosa.
8. Make the thick paste: in a small bowl mix flour and water until smooth paste is formed, is needed add more water or flour.
9. Heat oil to 350F (175C). Drop the samosas into hot oil, fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
10. Drain on paper towels before serving. Serve with your favorite sauce.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1
- Worldwide Recipes