watch How to Make Beef Empanadas Beef Empanadas Recipe, this awesome recipe How to Make Beef Empanadas Beef Empanadas Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is How to Make Beef Empanadas Beef Empanadas Recipe
recipe information How to Make Beef Empanadas Beef Empanadas Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesLearn how to make the best beef empanadas from scratch. Rich, tender and flaky crust filled with rich ground beef and veggie filling – the best savory pastry you can make! These empnadas are known as argentine empanadas as they are very popular in Argentina. This recipe includes the pastry recipe, the filling recipe and how to shape empanada.
Full written and printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/
(use the search bar at the top-right of the page to find the recipe you are looking for)
More recipes you may like:
Aloo Samosa (potato samosa): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZn-iCGf5s
Onion Samosa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jhWZEuS57k
Onion Rings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gWreCzu_g4
Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQPYxpRAE8
Chicken Burrito: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELhSKL3HDc
Makes 12-14 Empanadas
For the dough:
3¾ cups (470g) Flour
3/4 cup (170g) Butter, cut into cubes
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg (large)
1/3 -1/2 cup (80-120ml) Cold water
For the filling:
2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
1 large Onion
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 Carrot, diced
1 lb. (450g) Ground beef
2 tablespoons Tomato paste
1/2 cup (120ml) Water/beef broth
1 teaspoon Cumin
2 teaspoons Paprika
Black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
3-4 Spring onion, chopped
1/4 cup (40g) Green olives, pitted and chopped
2-3 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
3 Hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup (120ml) Beef broth/water
1. Make the dough: place flour, salt and butter cubes into a food processor, pulse until crumbly. Add egg and 1/3 cup (80ml) of cold water, pulse just until ball of dough forms, if needed, add more water while processing.
2. Shape the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile make the filling: heat oil in a large pan or skillet. Add chopped onion and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes more. Add diced bell pepper, diced carrot and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
4. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. Add tomato paste, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. add water/beef broth, spices and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off, add hard boiled eggs, olives, spring onions, and chopped parsley. Stir well and set aside to cool.
5. Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
6. Assembly: roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, then cut into 5-inch (12.5cm) circles. Combine leftover dough and roll out again, cut into circles again.
7. Put about 2 tablespoons filling in the center of each circle. Brush the edges with water. Wrap dough around filling to form empanada, pressing edges together. Fold edge back and finish by pinching little pleats as shown in the video or crimping with a fork. Arrange the empanadas on a baking try lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Serve warm.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1
- Worldwide Recipes