watch Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie, this awesome recipe Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie
recipe information Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe How to Make Nigerian Meat Pie, in section Worldwide RecipesThe Nigerian meat pies are delicious pastries filled with minced meat, potato and carrots. The pastry is slightly flaky and very rich in flavor, the filling is moist and very flavorful. These meat pies are popular in west Africa and Nigeria. If you haven’t tasted the Nigerian meat pie you must try this recipe ASAP, they are the ultimate comfort food
Printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/
More Comfort Recipes:
Tourtière - Meat Pie: http://bit.ly/MeatPieYT
Shepherd's Pie: http://bit.ly/ShepherdsPieTCF
Mac and cheese: http://bit.ly/MacAndCheeseTCF
Vegetable Curry Puffs: http://bit.ly/VegetableCurryPuffs
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Makes about 12-14 pies
For the pastry:
4 cups (500g) all-purpose flour
200g cold Butter, cubed
1 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
For the filling:
3/4 pound (350g) Ground beef
1 Potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 Large Carrot, peeled and diced
1 cup (240ml) Water/beef broth
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Thyme
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons Oil
1 egg for brushing
1. Make the pastry: in a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add cubed butter and rub it with the flour until you get a crumbly texture.
2. Beat 2 eggs with cold water and add it to the flour mixture, mix until dough is formed. Do not over mix! Wrap the dough with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Make the filling: in a large pan heat oil. Add onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until translucent. Add diced carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the meat and cook, breaking it apart, for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and flour. stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
4. Add in cubed potatoes stir well. Pour in the water/broth. Stir.
5. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, until thickens. Set aside to cool.
6. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
7. Divide the dough into 2-4 pieces (you also can roll the whole dough, dividing it just making it easier to work). Roll out the dough into 1/8-inch (1/4 cm) thickness. Cut out a round shape with your desired sized. Combine all the leftover dough and roll it again to make more circles.
8. Place about 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture in the center, brush the edges with water and fold over the dough. Seal it with your fingers or with a fork. Poke the pies with a fork to create a steam outlet while baking brush the pies with beaten egg.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden. Cool slightly before serving.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos:
- Worldwide Recipes