watch Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe, this awesome recipe Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe
recipe information Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesIf you tired of regular mac and cheese you can try this new Broccoli Mac and Cheese recipe. Creamy, rich with nice addition of broccoli. A must try recipe.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Broccoli-Mac-and-Cheese-Recipe
More Lunch and Dinner Recipes:
Mac and Cheese: http://bit.ly/MacAndCheeseTCF
Shepherd's Pie: http://bit.ly/ShepherdsPieTCF
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Lasagna : http://bit.ly/LasagnaTCF
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo: http://bit.ly/ShrimpFettuccine
My favorite kitchen equipment:
13oz (370g) macaroni
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 small-medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup (115g) Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup (85g) Gouda cheese
3/4 cup (85g) Mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons (30g) Flour
4 tablespoons (60g) Butter
4 cups (1L) Milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
2. In a large bowl combine all the cheeses and set aside.
3. Heat large pot of salted water, cook the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, until soft but not soggy. Drain and set aside. Cook the macaroni to al dente (1-2 minutes less then package instructions).
4. While the pasta is cooking make the sauce: In a large pot, melt the butter, add chopped onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes over low-medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add flour and whisk over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly, until golden. gradually add the milk and whisk until smooth. Cook until slightly thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
5. remove from heat, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Gradually add 3/4 of the cheese mixture to the sauce and whisk until melted after each addition.
7. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Add the broccoli.
8. Transfer to a 12-inch (30cm) round baking dish, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
* serve warm
* you can use any type of cheese that you like