watch Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce Recipe How to Make Gnocchi, this awesome recipe Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce Recipe How to Make Gnocchi in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce Recipe How to Make Gnocchi
recipe information Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce Recipe How to Make Gnocchi, in section Worldwide RecipesLearn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch. These potato gnocchi are light, soft and airy exactly as they should be. You can serve gnocchi with any sauce but in this recipe we serve them with delicious tomato sauce.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Gnocchi-with-Tomato-Sauce-Recipe
More Italian Recipes:
Pesto Pasta: http://bit.ly/PestoPastaTCF
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio: http://bit.ly/AglioEOlio
Eggplant Rollatini: http://bit.ly/EggplantTCF
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the gnocchi:
1kg (2¼lb) Potatoes
1-2 teaspoons Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1½-2 cups (190-250g) All-purpose Flour *more if needed
For the sauce:
2-3 tablespoons Olive oil
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
800g (28oz) Tomato sauce
8-10 Basil leaves
1 teaspoon Dried oregano
1. Make the gnocchi: Put the potatoes in a large pot. Fill the pot with cold water and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to water to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Drain and let cool slightly until cool enough to handle but still warm. Peel and transfer to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes until there is no lumps. Add egg and mix until combined. place mashed potato onto a clean surface, add flour and knead until smooth and soft dough forms. Add more flour if needed.
3. Cut the dough into 4 parts. Roll out each part into a long rope, about 1-inch wide. Slice the rope into ½-inch squares and set aside on a lightly floured surface.
4. At this stage the gnocchi are ready to boil. You can leave then in this shape, or shape them with a fork (you can see the method in the video).
5. Make the sauce: in a large skillet heat olive oil, add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until slightly golden. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more. Pour tomato sauce, add chopped basil and dried oregano. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi in batches, gnocchi are ready when they float to the top.
7. Drain and add to the cooked sauce, add a little pasta water, cook for 1 minute, gently tossing. Serve immediately and grate some parmesan cheese on top.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: