watch Spanish Omelette Recipe - Tortilla de Patatas, this awesome recipe Spanish Omelette Recipe - Tortilla de Patatas in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Spanish Omelette Recipe - Tortilla de Patatas
recipe information Spanish Omelette Recipe - Tortilla de Patatas, in section Worldwide RecipesTortilla de Patatas – also known as Spanish omelette (tortilla Española) or tortilla de papas. This omelette is not like any other omelette that you now, this potato omelet is rich, delicious and comforting. Perfect for weekend breakfast.
Printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/
More breakfast recipes:
Scrambled Eggs: https://bit.ly/ScrambledEggsTCF
French Toast: http://bit.ly/FrenchToastYT
Banana French Toast Roll-Ups: https://bit.ly/BananaToastRollUps
Overnight Oats: http://bit.ly/OvernightOtasTCF
3 medium Potatoes
Onion, thinly sliced
6 large eggs
1½ cups (360ml) Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut in half again while the flat side on the cutting surface. Slices potatoes into thin slices.
2. Add olive oil to a 9-inch (23cm) skillet, heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add sliced potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add sliced onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Do not overcook.
3. Drain the potatoes and reserve the oil. Let cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl beat the eggs with salt. Add potato and onion and toss to coat. Let mixture sit for about 20 minutes.
5. In the same pan where you fried the potatoes, pour back 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil and heat. Pour potato mixture into the pan, cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes. When the bottom is cook, flip the tortilla, using a big plate, and slide it back to the pan. Run a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon along the outer edges of the tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the omelette is set but still a bit runny on the middle.
6. Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve.
• Perfect potato to egg ratio: 2 eggs per 300 grams potatoes.
• It may seem like a lot of oil, but you don’t really consume all that oil. You can reserve the oil and use it again.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1
I would really appreciate if you could help and contribute to the community by translating the video into another language: http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_video?v=qrj6WWCosbQ&ref=share
- Worldwide Recipes