watch Chicken Pot Pie Recipe, this awesome recipe Chicken Pot Pie Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
recipe information Chicken Pot Pie Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesThis homemade chicken pot pie is one of the best comfort food recipes! This chicken pot pie has a flaky and buttery crust, a rich and creamy filling. Follow this easy recipe to learn how to make the best chicken pot pie.
Full written and printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/
(use the search bar at the top-right of the page to find the recipe you are looking for)
More recipes you may like:
Shepherd's Pie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3EYQARJkLk
Greek Spinach Pie Recipe (Spanakopita): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqrYNvdHws
Chicken Curry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYOVVexMhU
Meat Pie (Tourtière): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGedTnVRI8
For the crust:
3½ cups (440g) All-purpose flour
1 cup + 1 tbsp (245g) Cold butter, cubed (unsalted)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
6-8 tablespoons Cold Water
For the filling:
1½ (675g) Cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
1/2 cup (115g) Butter
2 Onions, chopped
3-4 Garlic cloves, crushed
2 Carrots, diced
1/2 cup (60g) Flour
3/4 cup (180ml) Heavy cream
1¾ cups (420ml) Chicken stock
1 cup (160g) Frozen peas
1 tablespoon Thyme
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
1. Make the crust: In a food processor process flour, salt and cold cubed butter. Process until crumbs are formed. Add cold water, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
2. Divide the dough into two parts (40/60), Shape into balls and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
4. Make the filling: in a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add chopped onions, diced carrots and cook until the carrots are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Stir in flour and cook, whisking constantly until thickens. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickens. Add shredded chicken, frozen peas, thyme, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Assembly: Roll out the bigger part of dough to about 11-12 inch (30cm) in diameter. Lay in a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) pan. Fill with chilled chicken mixture. Brush around the outer edge of the pastry with the beaten egg.
7. Roll out the second part of the pastry to about 10-11 inches (25-28cm), place on top of the filling. Trim and then pinch the edges of the crust together. With a small and sharp knife, slice a few small slits in the top crust for steam to escape and brush with the egg wash.
8. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until golden brown. After 30 minutes add a pie crust shield or aluminum foil on top of the pie if the crust is getting brown too quickly.
9. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1
- Worldwide Recipes