watch Jiggly Fluffy Taiwanese Castella Sponge Cake - B nh B ng Lan Castella, this awesome recipe Jiggly Fluffy Taiwanese Castella Sponge Cake - B nh B ng Lan Castella in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Jiggly Fluffy Taiwanese Castella Sponge Cake - B nh B ng Lan Castella
recipe information Jiggly Fluffy Taiwanese Castella Sponge Cake - B nh B ng Lan Castella, in section Worldwide RecipesTaiwanese Castella Cake Recipe (mold size: 15 x 15 x 7 cm)
4 eggs (medium)
60g sugar (5 tbsp)
50g vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
70g milk (5 tbsp)
60g cake flour / all purpose flour (1/2 cup)
heavy cream + sugar (optional)
Teflon baking sheet (amazon associates): https://amzn.to/2XcFAcm
Apron ( Amazon UK Merch) : https://amzn.to/3hlTzUn
**** My tips:
- The meringue is important. So when you see bubbles are smaller and denser, whisk with caution and check the consistency of the meringue regularly. Make sure the meringue can hold its form well but still soft. Over beating causes cracking on the cake's surface while too soft meringue causes sinking.
- Use folding motion to mix egg yolk and egg white mixture to avoid deflating the batter. You can use both a spatula or a whisk to fold, the skill is more important
- Pop the cake into the oven immediately after folding otherwise the batter will be deflated
- Under bake can also cause sinking. The well baked cake will sink a bit after being out of the oven but it still holds its shape and won't collapse
- I use the oven thermometer to check the temperature. Because some ovens might have a discrepancy between the display number and real temperature inside the oven.
- Finally, please bake in the water bath and the water is hot (about 80C degree)
**** My chocolate castella recipe: https://youtu.be/AhaU7kkXi8g
Hope you enjoy !!!
Thanks for watching, If you like it, please click 'Like' and 'Subscribe' :
- Worldwide Recipes