watch How to Make Meat Pie Tourti re Recipe, this awesome recipe How to Make Meat Pie Tourti re Recipe in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is How to Make Meat Pie Tourti re Recipe
recipe information How to Make Meat Pie Tourti re Recipe, in section Worldwide RecipesTourtiere is a traditional French-Canadian pie that usually served on the holiday season. This meat pie can be made with ground beef, ground pork, ground veal or a combination of them. The meat mixture is cooked with onions, potatoes and spice mix and has a super delicious pie crust that melts in your mouth.
Printable Recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/
More Holiday Recipes:
Shepherd's Pie: http://bit.ly/ShepherdsPieTCF
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Mushroom Quiche: http://bit.ly/MushroomQuicheYT
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes: http://bit.ly/RoastedChickenYT
Beef Stroganoff : http://bit.ly/BeefStroganoffYT
For the crust:
2 pound (900g) Ground beef/pork/veal or combination of two-three kinds
2 medium potatoes, mashed
1 large Onion, chopped
2 Celery stalks, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves
1¼ cups (300ml) Water/beef broth
2-3 tablespoon Olive oil
For the filling:
3 cups (375g) All-purpose flour
1 cup (230g) Cold butter, cubed or lard
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
5-7 tablespoons Cold Water
1 egg for brushing
1. Make the pastry: In a food processor process flour, salt and cold cubed butter. Process until crumbs are formed. Add cold water, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
2. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare spice mix: in a small bowl mix all the spices.
4. Make the filling: In a large pan or skillet heat olive oil and sauté chopped onion, celery and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the meat and cook, for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink. Season with the spice mix and stir.
5. Add the stock and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickness. Add the mashed potatoes to the meat mixture, stirring until thoroughly combined, cook for 3-4 minutes. remove from heat and let cool.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C
7. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough to two parts (40/60). Roll out the bigger part to about 11-12 inch (30cm) in diameter. Lay in a 8-9 inch (20-23cm) pan. Fill with cooled meat mixture. Brush around the outer edge of the pastry with the beaten egg. Roll out the second part of the pastry to about 10-11 inches (25-28cm), cut a hole in the center and place on top of the filling. Trim and then pinch the edges of the crust together and brush with the egg wash.
8. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until golden brown. After 30 minutes add a pie crust shield or aluminum foil on top of the pie if the crust
9. Let cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
• In this recipe I used only beef, but you can also you use ground pork or veal. Or combine 2-3 kind of meats.
• You can omit or add any spices that you like.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos:
- Worldwide Recipes