watch Eggplant and Meat Cake, this awesome recipe Eggplant and Meat Cake in our recipes website
the title of the recipe is Eggplant and Meat Cake
recipe information Eggplant and Meat Cake, in section Worldwide RecipesEggplant and meat cake - fried eggplants stuffed with rich and delicious meat mixture with pine nuts. Great recipe for weekend dinner or holidays.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Eggplant-and-Meat-Cake-Recipe
More Meat Recipes:
Shepherd's Pie: http://bit.ly/ShepherdsPieTCF
Meat Borek: http://bit.ly/MeatBorekRecipe
Meat Buns: http://bit.ly/MeatBuns
Arayes - Pita Stuffed With Meat: http://bit.ly/Arayes
Sloppy Joes: http://bit.ly/SloppyJoeRecipe
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Stuffed Onions: http://bit.ly/StuffedOnionsRecipe
Stuffed Grape Leaves: http://bit.ly/DolmaRecipe
My favorite kitchen equipment:
900g (2 pounds) ground meat
3 large eggplants
3 medium onions
4 garlic cloves
1/4 bunch parsley
240g (8.5oz) tomato sauce
1/4 (35g) cup pine nuts
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1. Slice the eggplant lengthwise. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
2. Meanwhile finely chop the onions and the parsley. Mince garlic cloves.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté 2-3 minutes more. Add the meat and cook until starts to brown. Add the spices and stir. Pour tomato sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickens. Add chopped parsley and pine nuts. Stir and turn heat off.
4. Wash eggplants and dry with a kitchen towel/paper. Dip sliced eggplants in beaten egg with salt and pepper. fry each slice of the eggplants until golden on both sides. Transfer to kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
5. Preheat oven to 200C (395F).
6. In a 2 baking dishes (or disposable tray) assemble the cake. Arrange the eggplants as shown in the video. Place half of the meat mixture in each of the dishes and close with the eggplants. Brush with beaten egg (optional: sprinkle with parmesan).
7. Bake for 20 minutes.